Thursday, November 10, 2011

Welcome

Welcome to Barbee World!

Auburn University has a great overall athletic program. There have been national championships, SEC championships, All-Americans, legends, leaders, and incredible moments in several sports.

And then there's Auburn Men's Basketball. Auburn basketball has managed 2 regular season SEC Championships in the over 75 year history of the conference. There have been only 8 NCAA Tournament appearances in over 100 years. Auburn University reacted to dwindling attendance at basketball games by building a new arena...with a capacity of over 3000 less than the previous arena.

And yet, I feel that there needs to be a home for Auburn basketball on the web. There are Auburn blogs for football (actually that's pretty much all of them), baseball (http://auppl.blogspot.com/), pop culture (http://www.thewareaglereader.com/), and general Auburn news and opinions (http://www.trackemtigers.com/). After all that, basketball seems like an afterthought. And if you've been looking at attendance numbers for the last few years, you would know that's not just an Internet thing. Somebody out there needs to step out for the Tigers of the hardwood. That is what led me down this path.

On this blog, I hope to give you previews of games to come, reviews of games that have been, why things worked and why things didn't from a statistical perspective as well as an emotional one, and maybe some humor now and then. I have tried blogging before (the now defunct Section 13, Row 42, Seat 21), but I didn't have a clear purpose. If I don't keep this one up, it will be just on my own laziness...and desire to play NCAA 12 and Call of Duty: MW3

First gimmick - every post will end with whatever songs I was listening to while I wrote out the post. Maybe it will give you some insight as to why I wrote the way I did. Maybe you'll discover music you hadn't heard of. Maybe you'll just mock my horrible taste. Hopefully it helps me keep from taking things too seriously.

Songs of the Post:
1. "Lose Yourself" - Eminem
2. "Give Me Something" - Scars on 45
3. "Gravity" - John Mayer
4. "I Run to You" - Lady Antebellum
5. "Tighten Up" - The Black Keys

No comments:

Post a Comment